Hemp Pesto Pasta
500 g linguine
Hemp Seed Pesto:
- 2 cups chopped basil leaves
- 2 cups lightly packed torn parsley (including stems)
- 1/2 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, drain.
Hemp Seed Pesto: Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse together basil, parsley, hemp seeds, garlic, salt and pepper; with motor running, add oil and vinegar in thin steady stream until smooth. Scrape into large bowl; stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and Parmesan.
Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat.
Garlic Hemp Oil Salad Dressing
Garlic hemp oil salad dressing is a tasty addition to any salad and packs a punch of health benefits, too.
- 1/4 cup hemp oil
- 1/4 white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped or minced)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Whisk all ingredients together until fully incorporated
Let sit for an hour so the flavor of the garlic comes through
Shake well and drizzle onto a salad
Ginger & Hemp 'Heal Yourself' Power Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup (handful) frozen blueberries
- 1 heaped teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 heaped tablespoons of shelled hemp seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon maca powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon of tahini
- ¾ cup water (or plant-based milk)
- Blend until creamy smooth and enjoy immediately.
Gluten-Free Hemp Protein Muffins
These guilt free delicious muffins will keep you coming back for more. Try eating just one!
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 4 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 2 tsp xylitol
- splash vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into lightly oiled ramekins or large muffin pan.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes
- Let cool before removing from pan.