This Policy describes how OZ MEDICANN (ACN 618 959 783) and its related entities HEMP OZ (ABN 92 618 959 783) (“we/our”) will use and handle any personal information collected from you, in accordance with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time without notice to you.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We will not collect personal information about you without your knowledge. We may collect personal information about you if you:
- make a submission or contribution to the Website;
• wish to participate in any competitions and promotions conducted via the Website,
• ask to receive email newsletters, special offers or other communications from us; or
• wish to conduct other transactions or activities on the Website.
You are not required to provide us with this information but, if you choose not to, you may not be able to participate in some of the competitions or other activities conducted through the Website, or to receive goods or services by means of the Website.
The personal information we hold may include:
- contact details – your email address, name, mailing address, telephone number;
• demographic information – age, gender, etc income levels, occupation, education;
• consumer information – personal preferences, brand awareness, consumption patterns; and
• information regarding your purchases.
Use of Your Personal Information
By providing your personal information, you agree that it can be used for the following purposes:
- for any purpose notified to you at the time of collection;
• to manage your account, provide you with customer support and enforce our terms and conditions;
• as necessary to allow you to participate in any competition you may have entered (eg to notify you that you have won a prize);
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests;
• to provide you with any product or service you may have requested;
• for market research purposes;
• to moderate forums or submission of user generated content, including facilitating or blocking access; and
• to provide you with information regarding our (or any third party sponsor’s or advertiser’s) products, events or campaigns.
You also agree that we may disclose your personal information to sponsors advertisers and other relevant third parties for the same purposes, provided that we use our best endeavours to ensure that any such recipient respects the privacy of your personal information, takes steps to ensure the security of your personal information, and undertakes to comply with the NPPs and the terms of this policy.
We may also make any disclosure that is permitted by the NPP or the Privacy Act, or which it may be required to make by law.
Cookies and other technologies
Certain non-personal information may be recorded by oursystems through ‘cookies’, web beacons or other technologies. Such information may include your server address, domain name, IP address, the date and time of your visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, previous website visited and the type of browser used.
You can disable cookies through your internet browser but if you do this, you might not be able to visit or participate in some parts of the Website.
Storage Of Data
We store personal information for varying periods of time depending on the purpose for which it is collected. In accordance with the NPPs this will be stored in a secure manner and made available only to those employees and management who need access to the information in order to perform their roles. Once we determines that we no longer require the personal information it will be destroyed in a secure manner.
Access To Personal Information
Subject to some exceptions you have the right to request access to any personal information held by us, which relates to you, in accordance with the NPPs. If personal information held by us is inaccurate or out of date you have the right to request it to be updated or corrected. Costs may apply. Any requests for access must be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at the address below.
We respect your privacy
OZ Medicann respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
"Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
Security of your personal information
OZ Medicann is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.